Exciting colorful yarn from Ice Yarn Paradize or HobiumYarns: Sparkle Color

I have to say - sparkling of this yarn if what attracted me in the first place. I first found just one skein on sale on Amazon. It looked sparkly and with some interesting texture. I was thinking that I can include one of my colorful rugs. However, when I got it, it seems too scratchy. 

But then my mom was complaining that her washcloth was not scrubby enough. To test waters, I first knitted the little semi-glove like looking washcloth for my face out of that seemingly scratchy yarn. I picked purple one-color yarn because I LOVE purple! 

 It worked well. It provided me with nice exfoliation, felt like a massage, made my skin feel softer, and dried really fast! After several uses, it was still sparkly! "So, it passed the test", - I thought, "- and I can offer something like this to my mom".


Then I made a longer washcloth/loofah for my back with handles. It worked like a miracle. My skin never felt softer even after oatmeal baths! So, I got hooked. I found more color variations of this yarn, and, being a yarn addict, bough all colors!
It is 100% polyester and because it is an artificial fiber, it will last longer than other fiber - like cotton, or natural loofah. It does not bond with water so it will dry faster than cotton washcloth and does not smell like cotton does after its was used. It also keeps it shape really well. On top of that, it is very light-weight even when it is wetted and soaped. 

These colors are so exciting and it is hard to decide which is my favorite. I liked a lot the sunset combination with wider stripes (which were 1-2 inches wide with about 20 stitches cast). The second favorite was the Berry Juicy and Rainbow. My daughter is a big fan of blue so she liked the Waves a lot.
This yarn is offered in a variety of single-tone colors: green, yellow, blue, red and pink (shown below) as well as black, dark green, lime green and many other colors.
I like how the yarn because of the sparkle and the eye-lashes hides the stitches. I also like the lightness of the product made from this yarn.

What was a bit challenging is to pull the yarn through the stitches. Because of the eye-lashes, the yarn is not as smooth as, let's say, acrylic, so it slowed down me a bit but not enough not to enjoy this yarn and its brilliant colors.

I tried to think of something that can be done with this yarn besides washcloth and could not think of anything. I tried to mix it with other yarns but its starchiness makes it not suitable for cloth items. It can be used for decorative rugs because of its bright colors.

However, I made these cute washcloths to my friends and relatives and they were excited. Some said it brightened their bathrooms, some said they wanted something to complement the color of their bathrooms, some said they wanted to color-code washcloth for the whole family.

I encourage you to make these by yourself or check out my Etsy or Facebook store.



Several vendors offer this kind of yarn: Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabric, Hobby Lobby, Red Heart has it too (you can buy it also in Target and Walmart). Unfortunately, Knit Picks does not sell it. Ice Yarns offer it too.

Comments